....
.
Unknown
Picture 002 
Today (as of this writing), is the first Sunday of Lent. And as I sit waiting for the mass, a child handed me a misalette, with a reflection on it  that life is like a cup of coffee. Reading thru, it didn’t took me a moment to realize that the happiest people don’t have the best expensive cups, but made the best coffee and savored it while its hot. Life is what we make it, as the saying goes.
Read on..

Life is Like A Cup of Coffee
by: Fr. Ogie Magbanua, SSP
A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life.

Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups – porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive – telling them to help themselves to the coffee.

When all had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said : “If you noticed, all the nice-looking expensive cups have been taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress. Be assured that the cup itself adds no quality to the coffee. In most cases, it is just more expensive and in some cases even hides what we drink. What was all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups… And then you began  eyeing each others cups.

Now consider this: life is the coffee; the jobs, money, and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain life, and the type of cup we have does not define, nor change the quality of life we live.

Life is like a cup of coffee. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee. Savor the coffee, not the cups! The happiest people don’t have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

Live simply. Love generously. Forgive until it hurts. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Live uprightly.


This made me reflect a bit on myself and my life hence my post : Mom Alone, Home Away.



Might wanna like reading:


2 Responses
  1. Crystal Says:

    This is a great post. I also read your other posting. I am sorry you are away from your children, I can't imagine how hard that must be. My husband goes away for work and it gets hard sometimes. We always tell each other, "Look at the big picture." =)


  2. Unknown Says:

    thank you Crystal. Now I have another cliche I can use again and again to my husband. I guess I just have to hang in there. Life after all depends on us, our choices, our stand.
    Thanks for the drop!


.

.

Random

SCRIBBLED MEMORIES

My List Of Bloggers Across The World